Rich Levine has been selected to serve as the Program Chair of the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM) in 2019. JSM is the largest gathering of statisticians held in North America. It is also one of the broadest statistics meetings, covering methodology, theory and statistical applications. It expands the boundaries of statistics to include such topics as analytics and data science. JSM offers a unique opportunity for statisticians in academia, industry, and government to exchange ideas and explore opportunities for collaboration. Beginning statisticians (including current students) are able to learn from and interact with senior members of the profession.
As Program Chair, Rich will play a leadership role on the American Statistical Association Committee on Meetings. He will organize the JSM Round Table Luncheons at the 2018 JSM in Vancouver, and then Chair a 44 person Program Committee of Society and Section representatives to organize the scientific program for the 2019 JSM in Denver, Colorado.
National statistics organizations from many countries participate in the JSM including
• American Statistical Association
• International Biometrics Society
• Institute of Mathematical Statistics
• Statistical Society of Canada
• International Chinese Statistical Association
• International Indian Statistical Association
• Korean International Statistical Society
• International Society for Bayesian Analysis
• Royal Statistical Society
• International Statistical Institute
For more information see